We all want to feel good in our own skin, right?! That means we have to pay attention to what we put into and onto our bodies.
Taking good care of yourself inside and out is so important. We’re in these bodies of ours for the long haul, so we might as well be good to them!
I admit it. I’m a total skincare junkie—and have been for as long as I can remember. Maybe it came from my mom who was famous for her Estée Lauder bright red lips. Whatever the case, I love exploring different skincare products and routines to see what works. But, before we get into all that good stuff, let’s start with the inside. Here are a few non-negotiables for me that have had a tremendously positive effect on my skin:
- I drink a ton of water. Seriously. I am hardcore about my hydration, and I don’t drink anything with calories, except for Energize. (I also don’t drink alcohol as a personal choice, but it shows in my skin.)
- I pay attention to what I put into my mind. We know that stress affects our skin in big ways. Focusing on the positive, seeking gratitude, and looking for inspiration in my daily life keeps my stress level down (NOT non-existent, but lower) and my skin looking great.
- I also make fitness a priority for the physical and mental benefits. Did you know that exercise not only keeps your stress levels down but also nourishes your skin cells, too! I start every single morning with a workout—no matter what!
Now, let’s talk products. There are so many great things out there! And often you just have to see what works best for you and your skin. And truly, you don’t need a million products and a ton of steps to see results. I’m a firm believer in keeping things SIMPLE.
So, here are some of my current skincare obsessions:
- Cleanser: Elemis Dynamic Resurfacing facial wash. I encountered this delightful product on a Disney Cruise so it must be magical, right?! Seriously, it’s so, so good. (PS: If I’ve done a mask or deep clean the night before, sometimes I skip the cleanser and just use a REN toner the next morning instead.)
- Vitamin C: I’m a big fan of the REN vitamin C gel cream or serum (which feels a little lighter to me). Both of these products help with brightness and spots.
- Moisture/primer: My magic combo here is to mix a little of Revision Skincare’s Intellishade anti-aging tinted moisturizer along with Charlotte Tilbury’s Wonderglow face primer. These two work wonders for me!
- Eyes: Keep your eyes looking bright and amazing with REN eye cream and some lash love with Revitalash. Love, love, love!
- Cleansing balm: Another face product I really like (especially in winter) is the Elemis pro-collagen cleansing balm. It’s thick and creamy and just smells amazing.
- Anti-aging: We all know that our faces start to show our age at some point, whether we like it or not. So occasionally I’ll use some retinol (I’m a huge fan of Drunk Elephant’s retinol cream) mixed with REN Evercalm overnight recovery balm. Or, if I want to switch it up a bit, I’ll use REN anti-wrinkle concentrate oil instead.
- Facial mist: I may be slightly obsessed with facial mists. They are so refreshing after putting on makeup, after a workout…heck, anytime! They feel great and give you a pretty, dewy look. I buy my favorite facial mist at Kurr Aesthetics here in Carmel, IN.
- On-the-go moisturizing stick: This moisture stick by Rinse does the trick and smells so amazing! I don’t go anywhere without mine.
So, now you’ve got some of my all-time favorite products to check out! I’d love to hear what some of your favorites are, too! Message me or send a DM to share. And truly, there’s no PERFECT routine or product out there. Explore what feels good to you and don’t be afraid to try something new!